Free Small Business Cyber Security Webinar Series
Free Small Business Cyber Security Webinar Series, 15 August–4 November 2017.
One of our Stay Smart Online government partners, AusIndustry, is offering a free webinar series on cyber security for businesses, as part of its Entrepreneur’s Programme.
All businesses are vulnerable to cyberattacks, and while many make sure their physical assets are protected, they don’t always take similar precautions to protect their digital information. A responsive and active cyber security plan is essential for business success.
The four remaining webinars in the five part series give small and medium enterprises an introduction to cyber security to reduce the myth that increasing cyber resilience is complicated. After taking part, you will:
- have an appreciation of the reasons why small businesses are becoming targets for cyber attacks
- understand there are some simple steps you can take to improve cyber resilience
- be equipped with the skills and knowledge to develop a simple and effective cyber security incident response capability
- understand cloud services and cyber security risks
- be aware of the additional resources available for ongoing support with your cyber security issues and challenges.
Topics to be covered in the hour-long webinars are:
- Webinar 2: The cyber threat landscape for small to medium enterprises—15 August 2017
- Webinar 3: Cyber security operational basics—15 September 2017
- Webinar 4: Developing an effective incident response capability—27 October 2017
- Webinar 5: Cyber security in the cloud and outsourcing—24 November 2017.
For more information or to register for this webinar visit the business.gov.au website.
To see the first webinar, please visit the Departent of Industry, Innovation and Science website.