Ticketmaster data breach
On Saturday, June 23, 2018, Ticketmaster UK identified malicious software on their network.
Early reports indicate a compromise of sensitive personal information within Ticketmaster's database.
Does it affect me?
Ticketmaster has notified by email, Australian customers who may have been affected.
All notified customers are being asked to reset their password before they next log into their account.
How do I stay safe?
There are a few simple steps you can take to help keep your information safe:
- Change your password on any accounts where you may have used the same email and password combination.
- Monitor your accounts for unusual activity.
- Use a strong password and don't reuse the same password on other websites.
- Use two-factor authentication so your account is protected by a second layer of security.
- Use a password manager to keep stock of all your passwords and login details.
If you are concerned that your personal information has been compromised and misused, you can contact Australia's National Identity and Cyber Support Service, IDCare or use their free Cyber First Aid Kit.
If you have been a victim of a cybercrime such as fraud, report it to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN).
Read the information about the data security incident from Ticketmaster for more details.